As mentioned in my previous post, the husband and I were considering two shows to audition for this summer. Well we have auditioned, we were callbacked to both, but we were offered parts in the first, and it happened to be a part I want to play, so we aren't going to our second show callbacks and we are sticking with Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with Draper Arts Council. I have been cast as one of the narrators and Bryant as a brother, we will find out which brother this week.
I have never performed in Joseph, which seems almost shocking since I live in Utah and have been involved with theatre on and off for ten years now. I'm excited to be a part of the show and to work on stage with Bryant. This will be Bryant's first show technically (I mean he did have some stage time as the drummer in Wedding Singer last summer) and I'm excited for him to get to see the other side of theatre. He is a genius on the technical side, but the acting side is a whole new world of crazies. I'm excited to encourage him to give his 100% (which he does in all things) and to tell him not to be embarrassed, just go for it.
We start rehearsals tonight and perform in early June. I can't wait to share a hobby together.
Speaking of sharing hobbies, I've been trying to get into baseball this year, because Bryant LOVES the baseball. So far, I've been learning who's who on our team (the Red Sox) and even watching other baseball games that our team isn't playing in. (example last night I turned on a game before Bryant even came into the room. Yes it might have been one of very few options of watchable things on tv, but I still picked it)
This could be a good building summer as Bryant and I get involved in what the other half loves.
Backstage at Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
10 years ago
.jpg)
3 comments:
Congrats on the show! How awesome to do it together. Yay!
Congrats! Billy has never seen Joseph, so this will give us an excuse to fix that. :)
I am so proud of you, sister! Congratulations on the terrific part. I'm glad Bryant gets to do it with you. Joseph is such a fun show -- have a great time!
Post a Comment