We had to leave the next morning to meet up with my company at the Oakland Airport. We all got on a shuttle and headed to the Ritz Carlton at Half Moon Bay. The resort is beautiful and overlooking the ocean and green and definitely fancier than our style.
We checked in and grabbed lunch. I had a turkey club and Bryant had fish and chips, that I think he is still dreaming about. I headed to a meeting for the rest of the afternoon, and Bryant went down to the beach and actually got in the water knee deep at least. We met up with my company for dinner and to watch the first half of the NCAA championship game, but after the first half we realized we didn't want to waste any more time with that and we headed to the tennis courts with Bryan and a few coworkers. I don't play tennis (I learned that a long time ago) but I had fun watching the boys.
Tuesday Morning we had breakfast and then another long day of meetings. It might not have been so long if the chairs would have been a little softer on the seat. There were a couple motivational speakers that were good and the second was definitely entertaining. Tuesday night, we walked on the beach for a little bit
before a fancier buffet dinner, where Bryant devoured all the fishy options that were there. The boys headed again to play tennis and I headed to our amazing soaking tub.
Wednesday was WINDY. After breakfast, we attempted another walk and then decided to just go back in where it didn't feel like we were getting punched in the face. We waited for Bryan to finish his round of golf and we checked out of our rooms and took a car into town to have a delicious pasta lunch. We then sat some more until it was time to catch the shuttle back to the airport, and here's where a whole new story took place.
If you have met my family, you know Bryan is the one who gets car sick and motion sick. You can't take the boy anywhere (unless he's driving) without doping him up on Dramamine or something. I don't ever have a problem with it. Well not ever I guess, once many years ago in our Lagoon Season Passport days, we played dead weight on this ride

and afterwards I thought I might die. To this day, I HATE that ride. Well blame it on the heat or the crowded seats, or the multiple times we caught air while heading to the airport, but I looked up and looked at Bryant and said we're going to be in trouble, and then puked my entire lunch into a bag. Thankfully, I'm terrible at cleaning out my purse so I had said bag, and then I made Bryant take our dirty laundry out of the laundry plastic bag that we had taken from the hotel so I could wrap filled bag into other bag and block the smell. Overall the people around me were gracious and helpful, and I have not had the ridicule that Bryan had last year, but I definitely deserve my share of it and I'm sure it'll come in time.
Now we're back home (I feel glad about it) and back into the routine of things. And although Dorri failed in the excited to see us department when we got home, we missed her and our glad to be back with her.
.jpg)
1 comment:
dead weight on that ride was fun (yes) but also ruined it for me.
Post a Comment