Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The update

Seriously another month has passed. Well here you go, another incredibly exciting post of what’s happening in the lives of The Browns….

We attended the funeral services for Bryant's grandfather. I helped by leading the music, and Bryant was able to dedicate the grave and we both were able to sing with the other grandchilden. I may have teared up, even though I was supposed to be the one that held strong. A week and a half ago, we were able to go back to the cemetary again and clean up the flowers a bit and make Charlie a little rock border until his headstone comes in in the spring. We also put together this pointsettia, that ended up being a little more patriotic than Christmas.


This Thanksgiving/Parker's birthday we started the day out at the movie theatres to see Mega Mind. We had a total of fifteen people in our group and we walked into a very empty theatre. The sign above the door said Burlesque but two people assured us we were in the right theatre. Well when the previews started (late) and Black Swan came on, we knew it wasn’t right. The manager came in, apologized and sent us across the hall to see Mega Mind and afterwards gave us free movie tickets to make up for the mistake. We headed to my parents for dinner. We were assigned a relish tray and drinks, and while I thought I did a good job at trying to not go overboard, we still took a lot of food home to eventually throw away. After dinner we stopped by Bryant’s family’s house for a short visit then back to my family’s (luckily they all live close) for cake and pie. Here is a picture of the cake we did for Parker. Bryant and Ryan drew it out with a needle and then we decorated it from there.



Drowsy Chaperone ended at the theatre, which meant another changeover. My mom and I dominated our side and then helped others hang their lights. It snowed a ton that weekend and made for a slower drive to and from everywhere. Sunday after changeover, we celebrated Bryant’s brother Andrew’s birthday with this cake.


A Christmas Carol has opened making us crazy busy people, but I think it’s one of our better years, and I've enjoyed enjoyed getting to talk more to my friend Cecily, since she's in the cast I run a spotlight for. I've also stayed busy with church and getting the Primary ready to sing in church last week and having to sing a solo the week before, and then of course staying caught up on the weekly household things.

Bryant has kept extremely busy in the month of December. Between working at Hale together, he also has had six Jazz games that he’s worked, plus studying and taking finals.

We had my company Christmas Party again this year at La Caille. It's alwasy fun to get a little dressed up and go somewhere. I'm thankful for such a great job with a great company.


Last week we went downtown to see the lights with mom and dad and Bryan and Whit and the kids. As always they were beautiful but there were so many people that it gets overwhelming.

Bryant’s family had their annual cookie exchange. Bryant’s no-bake (not the ones that look like pooh) cookies are always the hit of the party, but Alec enjoyed my peanut butter reeses cup cookies. I only stopped by for a few minutes so I could go see cute Megan in her latest production. I sure do love that sister of mine.

Last night, our friends Stu and Shilo, invited us over again to make Gingerbread houses. Here are the results :





Now we just run around like crazies for a few more days. Tomorrow we are headed to see PTC’s White Christmas with Ryan, and hopefully we’ll find time to finish shopping and get our presents wrapped before the Christmas festivities begin.

We didn’t get Christmas cards this year, so you all may consider this your card…

Merry Christmas!
Love, The Browns

1 comment:

NatBug said...

You look beautiful, I love your dress!