(Now to decide chronological or importance (but how do you determine importance) completely random order…probably that one)
First off, it’s with heavy hearts here on earth, and shouts of joy in heaven that I share that Bryant’s grandpa, Charlie Brown, passed away this past Sunday. I’ve only know Charlie for the past 18 months since Bryant and I have been together, but he was a smart and loving man. He had the cutest old man smile, and was caring and loved MASH and the Jazz and to talk about CPAP machines. About six months ago it seems, he started having a lot of problems with dementia following a surgery. He was able to come back home for a few months under the care of grandma and Bryant’s sister. On the 4th of this month though, he had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital, where it was later determined he was very sick. He had heart failure, CO2 poisoning (from breathing in fine but not breathing out completely) he had pneumonia and other problems. He ended up having to be put on a ventilator that weekend. Last week his body gave a good rally. Bryant was able to go and see him on Wednesday and have a good visit with him where he was alert and wanting a diet coke. (that’s my kind of request) Friday night, he was transferred to the care facility he had spent time in before and then Sunday morning, he passed away peacefully in his sleep. While it’s a blessing that he is longer fighting with a body and mind that we’re failing him, the hole he’s left in our family will not be forgotten. We are thankful for the Spirit and our friends and family that comfort all of us at this time. The viewing will be on Thursday and the funeral services will be held on Friday.
We’ll miss you grandpa!
Ok, now we’re gonna need to lighten the mood. So I will share some happier stories from last weekend. First off, we did some pre-Christmas shopping for each other and saved a bunch of mula… I love sales! Then after we shopped, I headed to work at Hale. I was listening to the song on the radio and when it ended I heard the ooo-eee-oooo-eeee-tuki-tuki bird and was like I want to win something. So I called and it was busy, so I called again and it rang!!! I’ve gotten through before and they always answer the same, caller # __ try again.. Well this time they answered like this, “Hello” and in my head I thought I’m too late and now I feel sheepish. But I asked what caller am I? and I was caller 10!!! The magic number! I had just won tickets to the Lifehouse sound check party and maybe concert. Well the sound check was in the middle of the day Monday so I was feeling bummed about a prize I couldn’t use, more bummed when I made Bryant call back and ask if we could just pick up tickets to the concert if we can’t make the sound check and the guy said there were no tickets to the concert included. Well fast forward to Monday, I offered the sound check tickets to a co-worker’s daughter, and then the radio station called to confirm me for the party and said we would get tickets to the concert. So Emmy picked up the sound check tickets and concert tickets, partied with Lifehouse and then brought me the concert tickets and Bryant and I were able to go. Lifehouse is so good live, it was a great show. And Kris Allen was great and he sang a Beatles song that Bryant loved!
Other cool and not so cool happenings.
-Bryant’s friend Patrick came into town and I got meet him briefly (I had a meeting…. Boo) he was great and it was so fun seeing Bryant and him reminisce about the days of the past.
-It was also Halloween (a while back it seems) Med One had a contest for best costume and best decorated work space. I got robbed on both, but it was still a fun time up until the robbing! I dressed up as Mary Poppins. I picked that costume cause it was kid friendly and I still look like me so the munchkins would know it was Squirt, that plan backfired when Maeface was totally terrified of me. Here are a few pictures from the day.
The next night, we had Bryant’s sisters and bro-in-law come over for pizza and Hocus Pocus and carving pumpkins. It was a fun night. Bryan brought the kids over so we would at least have two trick or treaters. They are so fun, all the big kids loved having them there to play.
First off... Bryant's pumpkin
Then... My pumpkin
In order: Charlene's, Tricia's, Aaron's, mine, Bryant's
Our Trick or Treaters
The dessert we made for Halloween
Other great days include:
-My day with Maelie. I babysat her while the fam went to the BYU game. I got to take her to have lunch with my Pirate girls and it was a great time with horrible service but more time to catch up with one another.
-Ryan’s Birthday. Ryan and Bryant turned out a pretty spectacular cake for the event. I wasn’t feeling well so we didn’t party until all hours of the night with everyone, but we were glad we could make it. Ryan is a great friend in our lives.
-A temple trip with Sara and Chad, although Chad didn’t want to sit by Bryant…hehe
-Seeing “The Drowsy Chaperone” twice! Once with Bryant, once with Sarah. We love that show. It’s in it’s seventh week and we still love it.. That’s saying something.
-Birthday dinner at Benihana, and the cute server letting us all use our birthday certificates, even though I’m sure the restaurant hates us for it.
-Bryant went hunting and SHOT A DEER! Never once occurred to me that he would! It was his first deer, the first one shot by a Brown as well, so we are very proud. It was a four point, I hear that’s pretty darn fancy. So far we’ve had deer nachos, taste a little different but not too bad. I’m still hesitant for when we pull out a steak…
I’m sure I’ve missed other things, but for now you’re caught up with the happenings in our lives.
.jpg)
1 comment:
Lunch with the girls was so fun. I hope we make it a monthly tradition or something, like we were talking about doing. I miss and love you girls!
-P.S. I love the Mary Poppins costume!
Post a Comment