Hooray, we’ve been married for one year! Anyone who bet we wouldn’t make it
YOU LOSE!
But first let me back up and talk about my birthday!
Monday night I went to voice lessons where Cecily gave me the fanciest cupcake. Then it was off to Hale. Bryant picked up dinner at Red Robin and we ate it during rehearsal. He also bought me an outfit and a pair of Tom’s (I feel so trendy) Rehearsal that night went well past my birthday and I finally crawled into bed very sleepy at 2AM. Funny story: When I crawled into bed, I went to cuddle up next to Bryant (who was dead asleep) and he rolled over and scooped me up like a baby and held me on his chest. (My first thought was it’s 2AM not time for the romantics…) He mumbled something, and I nicely said ok, but can you put me back on the bed so I can sleep, which he did. The next morning he didn’t remember a thing. I love weirdo marriage sleeping habits. Tuesday was normal with Drowsy opening and working. Wednesday, I got to hang out with Sarah and Barney to celebrate my birthday. We ate at the Rio and she got me a lovely sweater and an infinity scarf and some cute gloves: both regular and fingerless, and then spent the night talking, and hanging out. Thursday, change of plans from cleaning, and I babysat the munchkins. Whit met me at grandma’s (since I was getting my hair did) then I took the kids and stopped by the inlaws, where Maelie was thoroughly disappointed that Topaz (the cat) was outside and not inside to be mawled by her. But after finding the exercise ball they warmed up and had a great time. We made a side trip to Shopko for drinks and pull-ups and underroos and then home for Parker to play Basketball on the PS3 and Maelie to watch the Little Mermaid (she watches it pretty much EVERYTIME she comes over) we had a great night together.
Ok NOW, the anniversary.
We took the day off of work (Monday too) and started off by hitting up Chick-fil-a for breakfast. Afterwards we headed to do a session at the Jordan River Temple, we’re going to try and make it an anniversary tradition. After the temple we went and got massages. I could hear Bryant just chatting away in his massage room. Come to find out, his girl is the wife of the Utes Center, so he had a lot of questions. It was nice and relaxing and awesome since we had bought it on dealsthatmatter.com so it was super cheap. After the massages we headed up to Park City and after sharing some chicken nuggets and fries we were ready to shop! We walked into practically every store with the same luck in most… Um I kind of like it but not enough to want to buy it. Our first purchase came in American Eagle.. a shirt on clearance for Bryant. Then gap to buy a vest that was on sale so I bought it. Then a sweater jacket at Calvin Klein and then we hit the Levi’s outlet. We ended up spending over $120 there (that is after the $75 since we spent so much) We stopped a couple more places bought a few more things and ended up with this collection…
Total Loot: Bryant: three shirts, one sweater, three pairs of jeans
Elisha: two headbands, one belt, two pairs of jeans, one fancy dress, one t-shirt, two sweashirt jackets, one vest
After shopping we upped our dinner reservations and headed to Christopher’s (where we had a groupon coupon!) My steak was delicious and better than Bryant’s but he enjoyed his crab with béarnaise sauce. After dinner we stopped at the mall (more shopping) for a couple items for Family Pictures and then to Coldstone for dessert and home for the night.
Saturday was back to cleaning and work and school. Then home to hurry and get ready for family pictures. I think we looked pretty hot, I guess we’ll find out for sure when we get the pictures back. I tried a new fashion trend of wearing my headband hippie style, we’ll see if I pulled it off. Bryant liked it, so hopefully. We got pictures taken at Memory Grove and then had dinner with the family at Crown Burger then off to get the house cleaned for Canadian Thanksgiving (the inlaws house, not mine.. since I had cleaned in the morning, it’d be silly to clean it again that night) We rented a carpet cleaner and did the floors and dusted and Charlene and Tricia put up the fall décor. Andrew cleaned the bathroom. Patsy and I went and bought some new toilet seats that the boys installed. The house looked pretty spiffy when we were done.
Sunday was church, and my second week in Primary and minus a weird “discussion” with the substitute piano player was a success. After church we cleaned our carpets, since we had the machine still and made our cheeseball for dinner. We made it to dinner to enjoy a wonderful meal and company. Ryan made these pickle rolls, they were delicious! He secured an invite to Thanksgiving next month with those. Here are a couple pictures I stole from my sister in law (since I forgot my camera)
The sisters

Bryant and my dad (Bryant wearing his new skinny jeans)

Mom's bum (hehe) me eating pickle rolls and Moses and Patsy

This next one is a typical Bryant and Elisha moment

After dinner we drove up to Logan where we stayed the night at Anniversary Inn. The room was great and the bathtub was gloriously relaxing. This was the room we stayed in.


Monday we slept in a bit (thanks to the room not having windows to shine light in) and then drove home stopping at Idle Isle’s to get a treat for Bryant and the Burger Barn to get lunch. We relaxed, I napped and then it was back to reality of work and life.
It was a great weekend, with how much we spent, it’s probably good it only happens once a year, but well worth it.
.jpg)
2 comments:
WOW...you guys really know how to celebrate, looks like alot of fun! I miss hanging out with you and seeing Moses at church everyweek, she is such a sweetheart. I love her lessons, tell her I miss her! Happy Birthday again and Congrats on 1 year!
Great blogging. Love your stories. And it sounds like you love your birthday as much as Charlene loves hers. Too funny!
Post a Comment