Don’t get me wrong, I love it being lighter longer. As a child it meant games in the circle and bike rides and that summer was getting closer. As an adult, I like when it’s not dark when I’m leaving for the theatre, I appreciate the natural light (well the natural light we would have if we ever opened our blinds) but this year all I can think about is “I’m losing an hour of sleep, are you kidding me!?!?!” To say that I’m feeling a little older and more tired lately might be an understatement, especially if you ask my husband. I can’t quite tell what is different but I am tired, a lot. This past Monday, the receptionist at work said, “It’s not a good sign for your week, when you already look this tired on Monday” But maybe she was wrong because it was a very good week. Let me recap for you… Ok we’ll go back to a couple days of last week to begin the recap…
Friday, at work, the guys of the company all left early to go play basketball on the ESA court. I kept busy the first hour they were gone, but then 3:00pm hit and I was out of work today, I followed up on a few things and then by 3:30 I was just fighting to stay awake (feel free to refer back to my I’m tired, a lot comment) so I took an hour and a half of PTO and went home. B was there playing Call of Duty. I went in the room watched my Grey’s and Private Practice…. Oh how I love those shows. Then I fell quickly asleep for a wonderful nap. I woke up a couple hours later, and B and I treated ourselves to some Café Rio, I guess I should say my parents treated us, since we had a gift card from them. Then we came home and watched The Italian Job. It’s one of those movies I like every time I watch it, and Bryant had never seen it. Saturday morning, I woke up at 7:30, even though I wanted to sleep in. For some reason, when Bryant leaves for school, my body feels it should also wake up. I got ready, picked up the clutter and then had a beautiful walk to the store. Bryant got home and we hurry and ran some errands, and picked up his mom’s gluten free birthday cake. Then it was off to the theatre. The shows went well. We took 5 hour energy shots at intermission of the first show. It kept me from the yawning stage of tired, so I guess it did the job. But as soon as the show was done, I was ready to go home. So my apologies to those people I missed saying hi to after the show on Saturday night. Sunday we woke up and got ready for church, it was my first Sunday of leading the music in sacrament. That’s an interesting calling. Some people give you the looks like who are you to lead the music and others are just smiling and singing like I’m so cute. Truth be told, do you sing differently depending on who’s leading the music? I don’t think that I do. After church we head home to make dinner for Bryant’s grandparents and to do the prep work for Bryant’s family dinner. We made Grandma and Grandpa some parmesan chicken, a baked potato and rolls (ok so we bought the rolls) we delivered the much appreciated dinner, and filled up the humidifier. Then it was quickly off to my parent’s house, where we had stored the cake the day before, then off to the Brown’s house to start dinner. It was our desire to have it right ready when they walked in from church, which we successfully did. We made stir-fry chicken and fried rice. I must admit, my head grew a couple sizes when my mother in law had seconds at dinner. I’ve never seen her eat seconds. We cleaned the kitchen and had some cake and then it was home for us because I was TIRED… That night I was asleep by 9:15pm…
Monday, after work, the husband and I went on a date! We went and saw Alice in Wonderland, which I liked. I LOVED her dress in the Red Queen’s palace! After the movie, we had dinner at Joe’s Crab shack. Yes, I don’t like fish, but they have a very good chicken club sandwich. We then headed home for some 24 and again right to bed, asleep by 10:00.
Tuesday, was back to the show. The audience was wonderful, which always makes performing a little nicer.
Wednesday, how I loved Wednesday! Many good points: It was my mother in law’s actual birthday, and I love me some birthdays. Two: I went on girl date with my friend Whitney. We went and saw Twi-lite at Desert Star. It had some very funny parts in it. And I always love chatting away with Whitney. During the show, the guy in the table on top of ours, I mean next to ours, said I like this show, I feel like Hale is too serious.... Weird that he doesn’t think Fiddler is funny…. Hmmm. It was nice to have a girl’s night and to chat with Rick after the show for a minute or two. And Three: B had a job interview and got the job! Hooray! When he called me I immediately felt 20 pounds lighter. It’s going to be a great job for us and ours/his schedule while he is working on his degree. And it’s super close to our house, so that’s great on the gas and wear and tear of the car that will need to be replaced in the near future. It’s for a company called Occurrence and he started on Thursday. We are truly blessed, and are thankful to the Lord for giving us the trial for only as long as we could handle it, and for all of those who have prayed for us and helped us out. THANK YOU!
See a pretty good week right? Tonight, B has rehearsal for HMS Pinafore so he can see exactly what he needs for the lighting for the show; I’m going to cheerfully clean the condo. Ok maybe not cheerfully, but I feel cheerful when I’m done and everything looks and smells so clean… not that it’s stinky right now but you get what I mean. And then some Grey’s and Private Practice and maybe I’ll go to bed early with earplugs and an eye mask so I won’t know when B leaves for school and can sleep in until NOON! Ok maybe not but the idea does sound dreamy!
Backstage at Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
10 years ago
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment