Our condo is beginning to look like a home! We (and by we, I more mean Bryant and my mom and whoever helps) are hoping to paint the common areas next week. Right now, it’s a lot of white on white on white. We are painting the walls Egyptian Pyramid with a dozen roses accent wall. We purchased our dining room table as mentioned in the last post, and since then have purchased a couch, an oversized chair, an area rug, tv and tv stand. We are still in need of a coffee table for the space and then pictures or décor for the walls, but the change of the paint color will at least help a little. It’s nice to walk in to the great room and have it feel like an actual home rather than a lot of empty space.
The office is next up on the list, we are picking up our desk today, and we purchased a couple bookshelves on Labor Day. It will take a few days with our busy lives to get it set up but I suspect it too will feel pretty complete by the end of the week. Bryant is living all set up in the guest room. We will probably change out the bedding when I move in but that room is pretty much set. Our room is still empty since I need my bedroom furniture at my house for the next 24 days. Our closet, however, is over half full with Bryant’s clothes and my winter clothes living there. The day I took my clothes there was the first day it really hit me that we were getting married soon, because we had clothes in the same closet! The kitchen came with our appliances, but now is more a kitchen, with a couple plates and bowls and glasses and other kitcheny stuff living there, like our new microwave that Bryant and his dad installed above the range!In wedding news, my mom is mailing out our invites tomorrow! Somehow the invitation lady or the printer person sent us a plethora of invitations. Granted we ordered a lot but we still have hundreds (yes plural) of them left… It’s been suggested we could wallpaper our office with them.. but we’ll see. We ordered the flowers for the wedding, not one rose in the whole day. We (well someone talented) are making the buttioneres for the guys and we have ordered my temple bouquet, my actual bouquet and all the bridesmaids and corsages from a very nice lady that did my cousin’s flowers. I think they will turn out beautiful. Bryant and Spencer have been measured for their tuxes and my dad will go this week to get fitted for his. Kacey has mentioned beautiful décor ideas to us. I have no doubt it’s going to look stunning. We looked and picked and I looked some more and found pictures for our wedding video. We have some good quality pictures. We are missing the picture of us in front of the condo holding the sold sign (mainly cause it doesn’t exist) but I think we have a good collection. We picked our music and I’ve revised it a few times keeping what Bryant wanted in mind (no county, a rock song and I’ll Be by Edwin McCain) We are meeting with Matt (the video man http://www.happilyeverafterdvd.com/ ) tomorrow to give him all our stuff and for him to work his magic… I really do believe he is a magician! I am picking the final bridals this week, SOON, and taking them to David to make big and beautiful. It’s all coming together, and I love it! It’s seems like it’s been so far away for a while and now it’s just around the corner. I’ve had three showers so far where I received lovely gifts and support (I’m a lucky girl) My ward is throwing one for me this week and my friends are throwing me one next week, neither of them are small to do’s either, so I’m very grateful for the people who go out of their way planning and preparing everything. The last big to do’s for me are bridesmaid gifts, Bryant’s gift, the marriage certificate, the temple recommend, and getting my ring re-plated or re-shiney or whatever cool thing they do to make it look sparkly new. I love my bridesmaids and I want to get them something stellar that they will appreciate and want to use or whatever over and over again. I’m going to continue to put thought in that, but if you have any ideas feel free to send them my way. I know what I want to get Bryant for our wedding gift, I just need to find the time and the funds to purchase it. Hopefully the “talked about bonus” really happens this month and I won’t have to put it on the credit card. We are planning to get the marriage license next week, I have my appointments set up to get my temple recommend and I will take my ring in on October 3rd. So everything is all set or planned and running smoothly, which we need with our 120+ hours of work (between the two of us) each week.
Speaking of work, things continue to be busy and well. There is a good chance that I will be running spot for both Curtains and A Christmas Carol this year. People think we are crazy working so much, especially the first couple months of our marriage, but we have goals, we want to get a few things paid off quickly if we can, and it works out that we are still at Hale most nights together, with one night off in common a week for awesome date nights, or awesome catch up on our TV nights! We are in the last two weeks of Pimpernel and it’s been an adventure show. A week ago Saturday, one of our friends and fellow spot operators got a call shortly after the show had begun that they had a possible liver for him. What an awesome night it was, and it’s awesome to see how others have stepped right up to fill in for him. He is a great man with a great family and we continue to hope for the best for him. I love being at the theatre, and love that I have a fiancé who enjoys being there too, and while he doesn’t always love how often I am there he supports me still the same.
In random misc. news, it’s almost season premiere time… my favorite time of the year. Bryant doesn’t spend too much time watching tv, so we’ll see how it all plays out and how much I get sucked in to all my shows… I mean I can always watch while he does homework, and I think he could end up jumping aboard with some of my shows. In other fall news, it’s almost my birthday and I love my birthday! This year, we’ll be celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving (since we’ll be on our honeymoon) on my birthday with the Brown’s. I think I will still plan on making myself a cake. Whether that day or the day before to take to tech rehearsal maybe? I haven’t decided what I want to do this year though, normally by now I have a plan… We’ll see how it all works out I guess. I’m also racking my brain over what Bryant and I should be for Halloween this year. I’m not sure what we will actually do for Halloween but it’s always a fun thing to dress up. Speaking of dressing up, it as the thank you party last week, I wore my beautiful dress that Bryant bought me, he wore his suit (even if he couldn’t find his vest and his new tie in the condo) and we were looking SHARP together! I participated in the office humor portion. I was a little nervous, but did okay and a couple techs made the comment to Bryant that he’s engaged to the hottest girl in the office. (of course they may be partial since I’m a tech part time too) The program was a lot of fun, we hung out a little for dancing, although we aren’t dancers so we didn’t really participate, mainly we just mingled.



Well I think that catches you up on my life. I’ll try to not make it three weeks before the next update.
.jpg)
2 comments:
WOW Elisha!!! You have been so super-busy!!! It all sounds so exciting and I am so happy for you. What date is your wedding again? I just want to make sure and hope that we are not moving that day. Even so, I will be there, work clothes, no-make up, sweat and all! J/K-I will primp a little! Love ya, thanks for the card!
That pic of you and Ryan at the end made me laugh so hard!! How funny!
Post a Comment