
(these people are BRILLIANT)
In wedding talk and planning, I had my first bridal shower this week. My aunts and grandma on my mom's side threw me a wonderful alphabet shower on Wednesday evening. We got a lot of wonderful gifts. I think Bryant's favorite (besides the lingerie ;)) were the cheese grater, the George foreman and of course the Italian Village gift certificate. We got so many things to list, all of them super great and some like woah this is nicer than what we registered for (ie: the fancy pants dust buster) It was good to see family and friends and spend a little time catching up. And my friend Natalie bought me a new handbag, super cute. I'm excited to switch my stuff over into it this weekend! In other wedding news, I am having my bridals taken this coming Monday. I've decided on how I'm wearing my hair, I decided to go with the poofy pulled back bang and then the ends curled under. Think opening "Wishing and Hoping" song on My Best Friend's Wedding, minus the 100 layer poofy veil. I am going to wear a veil, but it'll be a simple one with minimum to NO poof. Today I'm going to run on my lunch break to hopefully find some beautiful earrings and maybe a bracelet. This working two (technically three) jobs and planning wedding stuff is craziness... who thought it'd be a good idea? Oh wait, that was me. I remember now.
The Kitchen
The dining/living area

In other cute news, the Annual Thank You Party is coming up in less than four weeks. For those who aren't familiar with this event, I look forward to it every year. People get fancied up, we eat dinner, there is a program and dancing to fill the evening. Every year I want a new dress for the night, what girl wouldn't? Well I fell in love with a dress I saw online, and had talked to Bryant about it. I was waiting and looking at the budget and waiting and budgeting and figuring out when and if I could buy it. Well on Wednesday, I had come to terms that I probably needed to forget the dress. Yes for the next 55 days, my money is my money and I can spend freely... well sort of, but to spend just because I can is a little selfish when I know there are things we will need as we start our new home and new life. Well when I got home on Wednesday from work, there was a brown fedex box on my kitchen table... Bryant had bought the dress for me! And that is just one of the reasons I'm a lucky girl.

In other exciting news... 16 days away from being debt free... well not really cause I just got approved for a lot of debt... So 16 days away from being bad debt free??? I'm lucky to have a fiance who is just as excited for me, and let's me rearrange plans a bit in order for me to stick to my goal.
I think that is all of the updating I have for the "journal entry," hopefully it gave you blog stalkers something to at least pass the time for a few minutes in your day.
.jpg)
3 comments:
It sounds like you have everything coming together...I'm thrilled for you. Is someone throwing you a friend bridal shower? Let me know if I can help...I'm finally figuring out the whole motherhood thing and I'm not quite so secluded and busy 24/7. Love ya!!
Congratulations on the condo and being nearly debt-free. That's so exciting! I'm coming to Pimpernel tomorrow; I'll text to see if you're there. It would be fun to see you, but then, I know you have plenty to do during the show!
Have a happy day!
I had such a great time at your shower, I am so glad that you invited me, and I am glad that you loved the "H"andbag! You got some really neat stuff. Love ya!
Post a Comment