Thursday, July 16, 2009

Time Flies...



Oh how time flies when you are trying to do one billion things… Ok maybe one billion is a bit of an exaggeration, but not much of one.


Bryant and I have almost been engaged for a month, WHEW! Wedding plans are coming along, maybe not as fast as I want them, but my person, Sarah, says we’re way ahead and she does this sort of thing for a living. We have picked the date, booked the temple, booked the Stake Center for the reception, booked our photographer and met with him to discuss what type of people we are and what not… (Thank you Sarah again for being there to translate) We have booked our videographer, although we still need to finalize music and photos for the video. After what seemed like a long discussion back and forth, we’ve decided on reception food. Patsy (Bryant’s mom) has taken care of the luncheon details… maybe we still need to tell her the menu… which we have decided. I chose a dress, I’m renting it. I would post a picture, but Bryant reads my blog too… so no picture. I’ve set a date to have my bridals taken. We’ve ordered my sister’s dress. Whit got the cutest dress and shoes for Maelie, and Bryant and I bought Parker a snazzy suit. Kacey, president of the glitter club, is working up a fabulous scheme of décor for us, we met and talked centerpieces and if we have nothing but me looking great in a dress and beautiful centerpieces, well it’s gonna be pretty. Bryant’s dad is looking into gobo’s (for you non-lighting people, cause I didn’t know what they were until a month ago, they are like little screen things to attach to lights to make different designs: ie- windows, and stuff like that) We are looking at getting some with our initials on them or something cute to light on the floor or the wall, depending on how we can best rig the lighting we need. We have our wedding bands bought, and my mom is all over pricing plates and cups and everything and anything, and finding all sorts of connections for us. We have our cake planned, rainbow chip and a layer of rice krsipy. We have our invitations in the works and expect a proof in the next little while to print a plethora of them up. We registered at the norms BBB and Target, we changed our bedding three times and our dishes twice, we however stuck with the silverware, even if it was sterling silver instead of the “awesome 18/0 stainless steel.” I think big things left to plan: flowers, although I’ve looked and have a great idea, I just need to do the follow through on that. Bryant and the dad’s need tuxes. I need to figure out what I’m doing with my hair. Look for shoes and luncheon clothes with my sis later this month. Finish planning our honeymoon. We are going to Denver. I love Wicked and Bryant has never seen it, and it just so happens it’ll be in Denver that weekend, so we thought why not? Of course the marriage certificate in September, insurance stuff, phone plans, and finding a place to live. We were pretty set on an apartment complex in Sandy, but after talks with Bryant’s real estate friend Clay, we may look into a condo, but soon. I’d hate to be homeless the first month or so of married life… I think that catches everyone up on wedding plans, but if I missed something feel free to comment and I will expound next post.
Beyond wedding plans, we try and find just normal time for ourselves too. This month we have seen both casts of Hello Dolly at Hale, a wonderfully fun show. We went to the Bees Game on the 4th of July with my family. We were even chosen to do the dizzy bat race. It shouldn’t have been a close win, but Bryant didn’t clarify the rules, and so it was a closer win by ME! We went and saw our friend Bradley in Joseph. Brad did an awesome job, and his super sparkly Neil Diamond inspired coat was great… I sent Bryant fishing for a day with his family, and I took in a wonderful dance concert by Robin and party. That Robin girl NEVER ceases to amaze me, and to make the concert even better Jon McB showed up just a few minutes before it started and I happened to have an empty seat next to me. Last night we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. It was absolutely beautiful, and a nice thing to share with Bryant.Beyond that, we’ve had family dinners, and out to dinners, and So You Think You Can Dance, and I’m still working at Hale a few times a week. I am two loans away from being out of debt, which will be paid off by August 31st, if not the 20th. Crazy times, being an adult… I super love it!
Well there it is, two weeks and more of updates. I’m sure we’ll have more fun things to update as time continues to FLY!

4 comments:

NatBug said...

WOW!!! You are way ahead of the game. I cannot believe how much you have accomplished in one month. That is amazing!!! Sounds like you are so on top of it. And you guys should definently buy a condo or a house ASAP. And because you are first time home-buyers, if you closed before Nov. 30th you could get that $8000 tax incentive from the gov't on your taxes next year. And you don't have to pay it back. BTW-I am glad that you did the bat spinning thing at the Bees game, I always get a kick out of the people who do that!

Sarah said...

Lish, have you thought about a new name for your blog? Well, start doing it now because soon you'll have a husband. And you'll blog about him. And your title will be a lie.

I TOLD you that you were ahead of the curve! And I'm right.

And last, but not least, HOLY EFF! You have a layer of rice krispies in your cake? I love you even more than previously assumed.

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

What a busy woman! Sounds like you have it under control though! I am super excited for you. Where would you buy a condo at?

Kelly and Megan said...

Hey Elisha! I stopped by your blog from Whitney's. I hope you don't mind. Congrats on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful! And yes, now you have to come up with a new title for your blog!