Monday, July 27, 2009

And the waiting begins...

Bryant and I have been on the house hunt for a week now. Last Monday we looked at two places, really liked the second one and were preparing to write an offer when we found out that the community was in litigation trials for a stucco law suit and we couldn't get FHA approved in it. I was pretty down about it. I had already started imagining how we would set things up, what colors we would repaint, what light fixtures we would want to get to replace the outdated brass ones. So we began again, we looked at two more places on Wednesday, neither that felt like would work for us. I was feeling a little beat up (and only two days into the process... not a good sign) We continued to look online and get together a list for our agent to set up appointments for. Saturday we looked at two townhomes in the same Draper neighborhood, a townhome in Bluffdale and a condo in Draper. We liked the townhomes. And we're going back and forth on them and then we saw the condo. We really like the location and the layout, the storage and the potential we have there, so this morning we met with Clay, our agent, to write up an offer. They have until tomorrow at noon to accept or counter. This wait is worse than any audition casting I've ever experienced. I've at least stopped shaking. I know B says it'll happen if it's meant to be, but I sure would like it to happen! I'm trying not to get overly attached again (and this one doesn't really need work, so it's easier not to look at fixtures and paint) so if you get a chance, say a little prayer that things will work out. If they do, I'll post more info and stuff on the place when we are under contract.

3 comments:

NatBug said...

Oh Elisha, I know exactly how you feel...it sucks! Buying a home should be a 100% exciting thing, but for some reason, it is the most frustrating thing that you will ever do.

John and I have technically been looking online since February and inside homes since April, and just now (July) we finally put an offer on one that we love and yeah, it was accepted. But the crappy part now is, we have had an inspection done and there were a few issues that the seller needs to address, so here we are waiting to see what the seller is going to do.

It is so frustrating, I really hope that they fix things, because if not, we don't want to fix them, so that means the process of looking starts over again. But don't lose faith, Bryant is right....if it is meant to be the home for you it will happen and it will feel right. We looked at tons of homes that either I liked and John didn't and visa-versa, but when we found the one that we put the offer on, it felt right and we both loved it! There is a difference in listening to the holy ghost when you pray about it and listening to your own mind....I learned that one the hard way. I will pray for you that your offer is accepted if you will pray for me that the seller agrees to fix some stuff! Check out my blog to see some pics of it. Good luck, and remember in this endeavor patience is a must!!!

NatBug said...

I just realized how long that comment was after I hit publish....sorry, I just needed to share that with you.....

Robin said...

It will work out, and wherever you end up, it will be great. (However, how great would it be if you were in draper? That's totally closer to me than midvale!)