So I'm a little far behind in the blogging world (not as far behind as Whitney though...) So here is a catch up blog.
Let's be honest most of my life is consumed right now with trying to get Seussical up and running. I am excited and terrified to open in ONE WEEK! That's right, people, if you want to come see our fun show, that is Seussical the Musical, we open on June 19th and run nightly (except Sunday) until the 27th.
That's eight chances you get to see me shake my tail feathers, which I'm still putting together, around the stage. We perform at the Midvale Ampitheatre, which is on 7500 and like 350 West. It's right next to the Midvale Cemetary. If you are traveling on the frontage road to get there... DON'T SPEED! Speed limit is 30, four of our cast members learned that the hard way yesterday (no I wasn't one of them) Show time is at 7:30 and tickets are $5. Bring your lawn chairs or blankets (and maybe a tarp, with the rain its pretty squishy wet lately...) Rehearsals are coming along, rain or shine... but mostly rain. I'm struggling a little with my character and with one of my dances especially (Oh Robin, I wish I had you in my head coming up with brillant choreography...) But it's going to come together, and if not, it should be a good laugh at my expense. If you can make it, stick around and say hi afterwards!
In non-Seussical news. Last weekend, I worked with the Browns and the rest of the crew to change-over the lights at Hale. It was a fun enough time. I look forward to future ones, when I will be more of a help as I learn to do more things. Except that job where you have to climb the really tall ladders. I'll leave that to the fifteen year olds.
Monday, I called in a personal day, and headed up to the zoo with Paker, Maelie, Bryan, Mom and Bryant. 

It was a fun time. Parker loves Bryant and would always say Hey Bryant to show him the next cool thing. Two seperate times, Parker would say "Hey Bryant, Hey Bryant, Hey Bryant" and Bryant replied "Hey Parker" and Park would answer "what?" Totally forgetting that he in fact was the one who wanted to tell Bryant something. We saw most of the animals, I still miss the old days at the zoo, with the hippos, and polar bears and lions and the Shasta the liger display. But it was fun to see the kids excited over the animals there and to watch the bird show, with brids swooping so close to our head. I love my time with the kids, even though Parker thinks my room is MESSY and my bathroom CRAZY.


It was a fun time. Parker loves Bryant and would always say Hey Bryant to show him the next cool thing. Two seperate times, Parker would say "Hey Bryant, Hey Bryant, Hey Bryant" and Bryant replied "Hey Parker" and Park would answer "what?" Totally forgetting that he in fact was the one who wanted to tell Bryant something. We saw most of the animals, I still miss the old days at the zoo, with the hippos, and polar bears and lions and the Shasta the liger display. But it was fun to see the kids excited over the animals there and to watch the bird show, with brids swooping so close to our head. I love my time with the kids, even though Parker thinks my room is MESSY and my bathroom CRAZY.
Sickness has struck, a bit. I think I just have allergies and tired vocal chords. Sometimes I think, "I know I have a large-ish head, but really how is it possible to have that much snot in it..." Too much information? Sorry. I'm living with the hand santizer always in reach, at Seussical we have an economy size one, that we use frequently among the cast. Bryant isn't so lucky. His test results should come back today to see if he is part of the pandemic. He definitely has influenza A, and quite possibly the swine. He's on meds though so hopefully we will be able to hang out, in all our non-existant spare time, soon. I dropped off dinner last night and we were more awkward than high school first dates. We stood a good five feet apart the entire time, and I immediately hand santized when I left. :)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Three thoughts:
1. I will send you good dancing vibes, although you don't need them. You're awesome.
2. I hope you feel better soon. I'm hoping to come to either closing night or the night before... once I have a better handle on our actual moving day I should know for sure.
3. Swine flu? Yuck. Good luck to you all!
I love the last sentence here the most I think.
I saw the article in the Midvale newspaper with your name in it! I pointed it out to John and he said that if it doesn't rain that maybe we would go and watch you, if we do we will make sure to say hi afterwards. Good luck with your performance, I know you will do great!
Post a Comment