Monday, June 29, 2009

It's not that I don't have stuff to blog about...

So I realize I'm a little behind in blogging, and I realize I have a lot to blog about so let's see how far I get today...
First off, Seussical has come and gone. We got rained out two nights, but were still able to get in six performances with really good crowds. Our production team, cast and families were amazing and really put a lot into this show. Thanks to them for making it a fun and memorable eight weeks. To Gracie and Gwen: Thanks for the memories of text conversations with Bryant and for the funny things you would say. To Isabell and McKenzie: thanks for the hugs everynight. TO Casey: Thanks for queing me to go on stage everynight, for being "my family," for the funny face on closing night, for pushing me to try and match you onstage. To Lori: I'm glad we were back onstage together. Thanks for the talks and sharing opinions with me. To Jack: Thanks for saying I was your friend. To Sam: Thanks for making me laugh, and for taking me on a drive in your new car. To Stephanie M: Thanks for helping me try and find sexy. To Steph J: Thanks for listening to my freak out moments and for the reassurance that I don't suck. To my dressing room friends: Thanks for not yelling about my hairspray ;) and thanks for all the good times on stage and off. To the bird girls: thanks for hauling me on stage. To Candice: thanks for pushing me off stage and filing my nails for me every night.To the Porters: You guys are amazing, thanks for sharing your counter space, thanks for the taffy, thanks for the who song that is still stuck in Bryant's head. To Jodi and Ash: thanks for rocking and setting an example of hard work night after night. To the entire cast and crew: Thanks for making it great. I admire you all so very much.I don't have very many pictures on my camera from the show but here are a few backstage moments. I'll post some onstage moments when I can steal some pictures from some peeps.



Other events that have happened in the past two weeks... Father's Day. We headed to Bryant's grandparents for a quick stop and some delicious appetizers! Then we hung out at my house for tasty salad and homemade ice-cream and Bryant's favorite,.... cinnamon rolls. Kelly's wedding: It was bright and fun, she looked great and happy. The rain... could it rain anymore? Part of me loved it, especially the double rainbow this past weekend. Rice Krispie Treats, to prove to Bryant that I really make killer RK treats. And last, the best of all....


I GOT ENGAGED!


That's right, on June 18th at approximately 10:00pm, Bryant got down on one knee in my decorated room with roses, candles and messages and asked me to marry him. Of course, I said yes. We are getting married on October 8th in the Salt Lake Temple.

9 comments:

Candice J said...

again, I am so happy for you!!! I'm exstatic!! (however you spell that) congrats again!!

Travis Jacobson said...

Congratulations Elisha! Bryan and Whitney told us you were engaged, we are excited for you!

J and T said...

Congratulations! I am thrilled for you. Also, my young women and I loved you in Seussical. All the girls kept saying how beautiful you were, and you did a great job! I found out about hte show through your blog, so thanks!

Tara

Robin said...

Yippee!!!!

Jaime said...

Congrats, that is so exciting!

NatBug said...

I am so glad that you finally posted so that I could tell you how happy that John and I are for you! We seen your mom, dad and grandma at the Stake Picnic and that's when your mom told me your great news....I screamed like a little girl I was so excited! It was a little embarassing. But how he popped the question sounds adorable, congratulations again!!!

BreAnn Clark said...

that is so great! Congratulations! I am i bit behind on checking out the blogs lately, but that is so exciting!

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad I was able to make it to see your show. It was great, we enjoyed coming. Congrats on the engagement, I am absolutely thrilled for you! Love ya!

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

WAHOOO!!!!! Congratulations! I love the ring! Love it, love it, love it!