Wednesday, July 9, 2008

People and their stupid decisions.....

Today is my attmept to sympathize a little or to force myself to have more of an open mind towards people and their stupid decisions....
For example, DeAnna... you picked the snowboarder?? I mean yeah, he seems fun and like a great guy, but JASON!! he's romantic and a good father and charming and has better lips and facial features. But then there is the after the final rose and you see how happy she is with Jesse and how the saying "you marry your best friend" seems to fit with Jesse and DeAnne, which leads me to think her stupid decision maybe was not so stupid for her, the one living the decision.
How many times do we look at our friends or loved ones or people we hardly know at all and think, for reals? Seriously? Which makes me think, how many times do people look at me and say for reals Elisha, seriously? Are you really wearing your dinosaur t-shirt with a skirt to the movies? or Are you really driving up to Ogden to watch fireworks when there are at least 10 closer cities having them? And so many more, that at this point I'll let you just think about the many things you have observed about me... but the fact is yes, I'm going to wear my dino shirt and shirt because, my nephew likes my dinosaur shirt and because its a holiday and I don't have to be cute. (Especially when I don't have access to a shower before the movie...) And yes I'm going to drive to Ogden to see fireworks, because while gas is ridiculously priced, that's where my friend lives and because I needed a little friend time... so really gas money can buy a little piece of happiness.
Today I challenge you to look at yourselves and say what are people saying about me, and more importantly what am I saying to or about others? Is it really my call who he takes, or what she wears, or who she dates, or how they spend their time and money? No it's not. The only things I need to worry about is who I take, or what I wear or who I date and how I spend my money and time... and OWN those things (an ode to Sarah... I'm trying here) Because I'm the one living with my decisions and they are the ones living with theirs. You don't always have to agree, just realize it is their decision....

1 comment:

Thekrogwoman said...

Well put Elisha! Thanks for that.