Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Have a Lagoon Day....

So even though life is always going to be a rollercoaster ride, sometimes it's an awesome ride like "Wicked." It's been a bit since I've updated and since I think people might actually be reading this now (besides my family) I will update you all!

A couple weekends ago, Sarah, my mom and I painted my bedroom. Sarah and my mom cut (they must know I'm not so good at straight lines) and I rolled the middle. I chose a color called sunglow. It's a lovely shade of yellow. For anyone who has been to my house in the past 8 years you might think "Elisha, wasn't your room already yellow?" And yes, it was but now its more vibrant and cheery!

The night after I painted and had the room pretty much put back together, Parker was sleeping over. So I was in my mom's room and Parker and my mom were in my room and I heard a small crash and then my mom yelled "Elisha your bed just broke!" Its true where the headboard and side rail meet, the wood split and causing the side board to fall. I am confident that I can fix it with a couple bolts and a drill, its just a matter of finding time to concentrate so I don't mess up. For now my mattress and boxsprings are resting on the boxes underneath my bed.

That weekend I also saw two great shows; one live, one movie. Saturday, I saw the matinee of Curious Savage at HCT and loved it. I laughed, I cried (not from excessive laughter) and enjoyed it thoroughly. If you get a chance, go and see it. I also went with my family and friends to see Kung Fu Panda. It was a fun show. Parker loved it, I think I might have been more scared of the villan than he was. After dinner, Jon, Sarah Deedee and I went to the Mayan for dinner. Typically I don't like the Mayan and granted that night I still didn't like the food, but it was such a fun time anytime a diver dove we would yell WOOOOAAAAHH really loud! The table next to us didn't think we were that cool, but I'm sure the divers and the little kids yelling as well knew we were cool.

Last Tuesday was the highly anticipated LAGOON DAY with Jon McBride. Sarah and I have season passes but Jon couldn't get one this year so we picked out a day that he could go. What a great day. Freddy came along too and the four of us had a grand time. Wicked was our first ride as a group and it was great. Shortly after we went to ride the Cliffhanger. I have never been on the Cliffhanger when the water has been turned on, but it was on that day. While suspended upside down we go shot for a good three to five seconds with what felt like a fire house. Freddy and I were choking from laughter and water. We got off the ride completely soaked. We added to the wetness by riding Rattlesnake rapids and the Log Flume (ok you don't get wet on that one even though there is water) The rest of the day was a little cold at times but so much fun!


















This past weekend I made an appointment to get my eyes checked. I always thought my vision was fine, but lately Bryan Matthew has been pointing out that I should be able to see much farther away. I kind of let it go in my "save that for later thought" space in my mind. Later came after dinner one night with my friend Derrick when we were talking about vision and he let me try on his glasses and sure enough I could see farther away. So I went and had the eye test done something I have done since like elementary school when instead of letters they had which way to point your hand.... Turns out I am near sided. I will be getting my glasses in about a week to wear mainly while driving and then any other time to inhance distances like movies, plays and what not. I will for sure take some pictures when I get them. Although seeing me in glasses isn't that new since I do wear them as an accessory on occasion.

Well those are the main points of the past two weeks. Other points include work and more work. Father's Day was a good time. S'mores at Bryan Matthew's house with his family (I don't actually like s'mores but I like roasted marshmallows) and several more days at work. And being able to see my Parker and Maelie who just continue to be cute... Until next time, Have a Lagoon Day!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

A Lagoon Day INDEED! That was a great blog. I had no idea what was happening in your life, and now I do. Wait... actually, I'm going to put a link from MY blog to YOUR blog so people actually know what's going on in my life. :)

good blog, good yellow walls, good times at Lagoon... what more could you effing ask for?

Whitney said...

Those are some cute kids. They love their aunt squirt. Wish I could have gone to Lagoon. Looks like you had a blast.