Tuesday, June 3, 2008

To Be Surprised...

Better be prepared to be surprised.... It's a line from a song, and feels fitting for my life right now. A friend told me today, that not knowing all the answers leaves more options in life. Of course another friend pointed out it just leaves things more confusing. So I'm trying to go with my options, and the confusion and hope that I somehow end up with the right answers, and along the way to there, I hope I am prepared to be surprised.

Life has been a rollercoaster ride lately.

I auditioned for Big and Into the Woods at Hale and was called back for both shows, I didn't feel good about my callback for Into the Woods but felt great about Big and was really hopeful. But alas, there just weren't enough parts to cast everyone and I'm back to work at the box office (which don't I really do love most of the days I'm there) I was crushed that I didn't make the show and hit a major, tearful low. The next day I picked myself up out of bed (because my cousin once said you can cry and feel sorry for yourself for one day then you just lie that you are ok until you believe it) and I went to work and tried to have a better attitude and see the happy side of life. I might not have made it to happy but I made it to rational and ok. The day I picked myself up out of bed was my mom's brithday. I got to see my Parker and Maelie face. Those kids can bring sunshine to any cloudy day. Jon McBride also can bring sunshine to anyday. How I love him, and am so glad he's back in Salt Lake where he's so accessable to me.

Some high points of the ride... Bryan and Jon made Into the Woods, I'm so proud of both. Sarah moved into a cute new place with a cute roommate. I've made new friends and become better friends with the ones that I've had. How I love my friends!

Ok I think that's all I have for now. I will post a few pictures cause that's what I do for my family who's not on facebook to see them...




3 comments:

Robin said...

I have no doubt that when you look back on your life, you will see countless great things because you are, after all, great.

Peggy Sherratt said...

You go girl!! You rock....and don't forget there are a ton of us who think so!!

Peggy Sherratt said...

You go girl!! You rock....and don't forget there are a ton of us who think so!!