Thursday, July 17, 2008

A week of more than just work....

This past week I have actually done something besides just work like I normally choose to do. Wednesday, I emptied and cleaned out Bryan's hot tub. I'm glad to admit that we now know how to syphon the water out of the hot tub, even though at the time I could not figure it out so I just used a bucket... I saw Get Smart with Steve and Bryan, and enjoyed it enough... Saturday was our day of traveling adventures. I really like the food network and a few weeks ago on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives they reviews The Burger Bar in Roy, UT. So Saturday afternoon Bryan and I drove on up to Roy for burgers, fries and onion rings and shakes. Bryan really liked the burger, well the bun. I really liked the fries. But overall, I don't think I'll be making special drives up to Roy when I can just drive five minutes to Hires.. After Roy we stopped in Centerville for gas, a new wallet for Bryan and new shoes for me (nothing was wrong with the shoes I was wearing, it just so happened we were at Target and a pair of shoes I had kind of wanted were on clearance!) After getting back home and taking a lovely nap, we got ready and drove to Magna to see an old friend in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I thought it was a cute production, although they cut the song June Bride... thought that was odd. Bryan liked that one of the couples looked very similar to Lois Lane and Clark Kent. We then relaxed in the newly cleaned and filled hot tub

Sunday I was released from being the mia maid advisor in my ward and was put in as the young women's secretary. I'm not sure how I feel about the change, it will be nice not teaching and scrambling to prepare lessons, but I really have enjoyed it for the past year.
Then it was back to work like normal. I did have last night off and we took Parker to Lagoon. The kid is fearless. He had a blast and loved the log flume ride the most!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

looks like Parker had a blast. You guys are so good to him and he loves you.

Sarah said...

I like that you posted one (count 'em, ONE) picture of Parker smiling because that's probably all there were. He is just so intense!!!

I go to Roy regulary and I've never been to that burger place (based mostly on my dislike for hamburgers) but I might go now... after all, I like Food Network.

NatBug said...

Elisha, how are we suvh dorks that we never found each other's blogs before?? Well at least I have found yours now. Good to see you having fun besides working all the time!!!