Wednesday, December 14, 2011

3 Month!

First things first, my baby girl is 3 months old! Crazy how the time flies and how much she has grown. I'm guessing she is about ten and a half pounds now, although she's still very long and skinny which is keeping her in the newborn diapers. That and we have still have a good amount of them so while they seem to still fit, we will still use them. She is such a good and beautiful baby, and I'm pretty sure I don't just say that because she's mine... even the people who frequent the babysitter's house call her "the cute one." Facts about Jules:
-She is a morning baby. She is the happiest and smiliest when she first wakes up and after her morning bottle. She just smiles and smiles and I love it. Makes it hard to get out the door on time some days, but what can you do?
-She has been sleeping like a champion. We went two nights where she slept until 6 in the morning or so, and then the past five nights she's woken up a little before 5, not my favorite time for her to wake up but she's so stinking happy, as mentioned, that I don't mind. And since I have stopped breastfeeding, we share the middle of the night feedings. She also knows when it's the weekend and mommy and daddy can sleep in because she is very content after her first feeding so we all can go back to sleep.
-She loves her baths.
-She is wearing 0-3 month clothes for the most part. If it's a one peice outfit she can fit in 3 months becuase she's long and she still has her puppy hands and feet, that I'm convince she'll grow into one day. She can still wear her newborn onesies, but her newborn pants are floods.
-She has started "playing" more. I hold rings for her and she grabs them and swings them. She will hit her bird on her car seat every now and again, and we play with her stuffed animals in the morning and she'll either grab it's legs or just hit them across the bed.
-She rolled over last Sunday on her official 3 month old date. I was getting her dressed for church and put her on her tummy to button the buttons on the back of her dress and she kept fidigiting and kicking and I told Bryant that I thought she would roll over if there wasn't a lip on the changing pad. So we finished dressing her and laid her on her activity mat and sure enough, she VERY SLOWLY rolled unto her back. We tried to get her to do it again that night at grandma's house, but she wasn't interested then.
-She loves tv. (does this make me a bad parent?) Mainly cartoons, football and Top Gear. Some mornings we feed her and then prop her up and let her watch cartoons while Bryant is on the phones and I'm finishing getting ready

And now some pictures:

Happy 3 Months!


Bundled up to go out in the cold...

In parent news: Bryant is back working for the Jazz (Hooray for the lockout being done) He's come up with some great design ideas that he's going to pitch to them for approval. He has his last final for the semester this Saturday and there is a good chance he'll end the semester with a 4.0. He loves daddy/daughter time, whether its Jule's bath time or getting her dressed in his favorite outfits of hers or just cuddling on the couch or bed. Jules will definitely get whatever she wants from her daddy.


Me, I'm pretty boring, I'm still just working and working and trying to stay caught up with life. We are almost ready for Christmas, although it doesn't feel like it's just 11 days away so I don't feel the urgency to get finished with things.

No comments: