Here it is, the random thoughts and weekly update of me… In case you are bored and just need something to fill a few minutes of your time. It’s ok if you don’t really care and are merely reading out of boredom. I’ve been there before.
This past week has been hot but fine. It did rain on Thursday briefly, and we were able to spend some time in the mountains that evening for Bryant’s cousin’s wedding and I greatly appreciated the cooler temperatures and being able to enjoy the beauty of outside.
Not two days ago Sunday, but the Sunday before was Bryant’s dad’s birthday. If you haven’t caught on from previous posts, we tend to make the birthday cakes for family’s birthdays. Well we decided on a round cake with the San Francisco Giants SF on the top. So Saturday night I baked the cake. One came out of the pan perfect, one failed miserably. So I baked another cake mix. This time neither one came out perfectly… I mean what’s the deal, I bake fairly regularly and these were just round cakes! I thought well it’s just the corners and I can make it work once they are frosted. So I headed to bed. I woke up Sunday morning and headed to the kitchen to frost the cake. I stacked it and had the top frosted and was working on the side when a good chunk of one side just fell off. It was bad, no way to save. So I went to the store, got another cake mix, and Spencer got San Francisco giant cupcakes!
This past weekend Bryant and I were able to find a night off in common and head down to see a couple friends in The Drowsy Chaperone at Hale Centre Theatre in Orem. It was a wonderful production and evening out. We truly love that show. It’s hard to go from place to place and not compare shows, but I was able to be entertained and enjoy myself even if there were things I missed from how I had seen it a billion times before. There were also a couple things that I thought well that was better than before. Saturday night, I was flying solo while Bryant worked all day, and headed to see Hairspray at the Sandy Amphitheatre. I love going to shows and being able to see so many theatre friends. I especially like seeing theatre friends when multiple people tell me I look so small. (Sometimes the comment throws me off because I’m used to hearing how big I look. It just goes to show it’s someone’s perspective and that you shouldn’t take offense to any comment, even if you feel it’s dumb or a comment you didn’t want to hear) I had only seen the stage version of Hairspray one other time (on Broadway with Norm from Cheers as Edna) and enjoyed myself and the evening of talent and hard work.
As I sat there in both shows and was entertained I couldn’t help but chuckle to myself at times. There were times in both shows where I found myself thinking, “How dumb that that wouldn’t fly at Hale” we get caught up a lot in our little bubbles, some of which are ridiculous. There was nothing that I found offensive in either show. I was not offended that a man was playing a woman’s role (as is the case with Edna in Hairspray) I was not offended that the word damn was used, or the word lesbian or a small number of other things, but then I think of the bubble people that we change so many things in a show for would be offended, and I sometimes think, how do you people survive in the outside world. I have missed a show or two that I just wasn’t sure I was open-minded enough to enjoy for the art and talent and have chosen not to go. But I’m not going to be a person, who again in my opinion, looks a little foolish when they are making a scene dragging their family out of a show because we are “promoting cross-dressing” by having a guy pretending to be a girl, OR being offended that the actors are changing on the stage, (keep in mind still fully covering their personal parts (yes both of those things happened in my time working as either an usher or box office rep at Hale WVC) I think often times we cater too much to those handful of close minded people. It’s funny to me that Orem (HAPPY VALLEY) is more open and liberal, I guess than West Valley… Just saying! Ok off my soap box now.
This weekend I got a few more finishing touches on the nursery completed. I reorganized the clothes a bit so they’d be in order by what type and what size they were. (so hopefully we don’t miss out on using something that was so cute, but she grew so fast that she grew out of it) I hung the curtains, although I still need to sew on a thermal liner and gather them. I tied the bumper on and overall got ready, minus the vacuuming (I heard it can possibly help start labor, and well I’m still not interested in labor) Here are a few pictures for your entertainment.
In other baby news, I’m 38 weeks today. You would have thought at my Dr.’s appointment last Friday that I was like 44 weeks. He checked me and my vitals and my progress and those things my husband would rather not go into details about. I’m dialated to a 2 and I’m still sitting at 70% effaced and at a -3 station. The doc asked if I still was holding out and wanting to keep her in and I said yes. He pointed out that I was maybe 1 of his 20 patients who are further along in their pregnancy that felt that way. I pointed out that I was ok with that. He reminded me that I’m full term and it’s A-OK to go at any time, I reminded him that I knew that but that I’m still content with keeping her in a little longer. We’ll see what this Friday holds at my next appointment. Part of me is getting a little concerned that I haven’t reached the “get this thing out of me stage” I hear it’s an important mental stage to get through to help with the laboring process. Maybe I’ll get there the day before she decides to make her entrance, for now as I said I’m content with being pregnant. Yes, it’s hot (but it’s hot for people who aren’t pregnant) Yes, my stomach hurts in certain areas where I think my muscle has torn, or she’s squishing some organ but it’s survivable. Yes, I’m back to being tired and slow on energy, but I think that’s also because I’ve let myself slow down. I’m sure I can push myself, safely, to do all that I need to and more. So we’ll wait and see what she has in mind and until then I’ll keep living my every day which includes a basketball under my shirt.
(Last weeks's picture)
This past week has been hot but fine. It did rain on Thursday briefly, and we were able to spend some time in the mountains that evening for Bryant’s cousin’s wedding and I greatly appreciated the cooler temperatures and being able to enjoy the beauty of outside.
Not two days ago Sunday, but the Sunday before was Bryant’s dad’s birthday. If you haven’t caught on from previous posts, we tend to make the birthday cakes for family’s birthdays. Well we decided on a round cake with the San Francisco Giants SF on the top. So Saturday night I baked the cake. One came out of the pan perfect, one failed miserably. So I baked another cake mix. This time neither one came out perfectly… I mean what’s the deal, I bake fairly regularly and these were just round cakes! I thought well it’s just the corners and I can make it work once they are frosted. So I headed to bed. I woke up Sunday morning and headed to the kitchen to frost the cake. I stacked it and had the top frosted and was working on the side when a good chunk of one side just fell off. It was bad, no way to save. So I went to the store, got another cake mix, and Spencer got San Francisco giant cupcakes!
This past weekend Bryant and I were able to find a night off in common and head down to see a couple friends in The Drowsy Chaperone at Hale Centre Theatre in Orem. It was a wonderful production and evening out. We truly love that show. It’s hard to go from place to place and not compare shows, but I was able to be entertained and enjoy myself even if there were things I missed from how I had seen it a billion times before. There were also a couple things that I thought well that was better than before. Saturday night, I was flying solo while Bryant worked all day, and headed to see Hairspray at the Sandy Amphitheatre. I love going to shows and being able to see so many theatre friends. I especially like seeing theatre friends when multiple people tell me I look so small. (Sometimes the comment throws me off because I’m used to hearing how big I look. It just goes to show it’s someone’s perspective and that you shouldn’t take offense to any comment, even if you feel it’s dumb or a comment you didn’t want to hear) I had only seen the stage version of Hairspray one other time (on Broadway with Norm from Cheers as Edna) and enjoyed myself and the evening of talent and hard work.
As I sat there in both shows and was entertained I couldn’t help but chuckle to myself at times. There were times in both shows where I found myself thinking, “How dumb that that wouldn’t fly at Hale” we get caught up a lot in our little bubbles, some of which are ridiculous. There was nothing that I found offensive in either show. I was not offended that a man was playing a woman’s role (as is the case with Edna in Hairspray) I was not offended that the word damn was used, or the word lesbian or a small number of other things, but then I think of the bubble people that we change so many things in a show for would be offended, and I sometimes think, how do you people survive in the outside world. I have missed a show or two that I just wasn’t sure I was open-minded enough to enjoy for the art and talent and have chosen not to go. But I’m not going to be a person, who again in my opinion, looks a little foolish when they are making a scene dragging their family out of a show because we are “promoting cross-dressing” by having a guy pretending to be a girl, OR being offended that the actors are changing on the stage, (keep in mind still fully covering their personal parts (yes both of those things happened in my time working as either an usher or box office rep at Hale WVC) I think often times we cater too much to those handful of close minded people. It’s funny to me that Orem (HAPPY VALLEY) is more open and liberal, I guess than West Valley… Just saying! Ok off my soap box now.
This weekend I got a few more finishing touches on the nursery completed. I reorganized the clothes a bit so they’d be in order by what type and what size they were. (so hopefully we don’t miss out on using something that was so cute, but she grew so fast that she grew out of it) I hung the curtains, although I still need to sew on a thermal liner and gather them. I tied the bumper on and overall got ready, minus the vacuuming (I heard it can possibly help start labor, and well I’m still not interested in labor) Here are a few pictures for your entertainment.
In other baby news, I’m 38 weeks today. You would have thought at my Dr.’s appointment last Friday that I was like 44 weeks. He checked me and my vitals and my progress and those things my husband would rather not go into details about. I’m dialated to a 2 and I’m still sitting at 70% effaced and at a -3 station. The doc asked if I still was holding out and wanting to keep her in and I said yes. He pointed out that I was maybe 1 of his 20 patients who are further along in their pregnancy that felt that way. I pointed out that I was ok with that. He reminded me that I’m full term and it’s A-OK to go at any time, I reminded him that I knew that but that I’m still content with keeping her in a little longer. We’ll see what this Friday holds at my next appointment. Part of me is getting a little concerned that I haven’t reached the “get this thing out of me stage” I hear it’s an important mental stage to get through to help with the laboring process. Maybe I’ll get there the day before she decides to make her entrance, for now as I said I’m content with being pregnant. Yes, it’s hot (but it’s hot for people who aren’t pregnant) Yes, my stomach hurts in certain areas where I think my muscle has torn, or she’s squishing some organ but it’s survivable. Yes, I’m back to being tired and slow on energy, but I think that’s also because I’ve let myself slow down. I’m sure I can push myself, safely, to do all that I need to and more. So we’ll wait and see what she has in mind and until then I’ll keep living my every day which includes a basketball under my shirt.
(Last weeks's picture)
.jpg)
4 comments:
cute nursary, cute pregnant picture, cute story about how magically Hale in Utah Valley ended up being more liberal than Hale WVC. You're just cute.
very cute nursery. We need to come see it in person.
You look soooo adorable! I love your belly! It does look like she has "dropped" though since seeing you last. Don't worry about not feeling like you want to evict her yet, it will come right in the nick of time. I was always content with keeping all my boys in, and as soon as I accepted I was ready for them, they came! BTW---I totally love your nursery, it is sooo adorable! Great colors!
You look great. Love the nursery! Can't wait to meet your little princess!
Post a Comment