This past week we stayed at my mom and dad's to hang out with Kami (their dog) while they were in Hawaii (Life is not as hard I guess when you're empty nesters :)) Poor Dorri didn't know what hit her with the "giant" around. Kami was nothing but nice to Dorri and just wanted a friend to play with but Dorri just wasn't having it most days. I would leave for work or wherever and she would look at the window with her "Wait! Don't go, you forgot me!" look. We survived though and learned a few new Dorri tricks over the week (No, I don't have any pictures) Dorri was able to play frisbee and she's good! But mainly when Bryant throws it. I'm awful at throwing it, which makes it way more challenging to catch. We also learned that she can fit through the banister slots at my mom's house! She had been sleeping downstairs with Bryant while I slept upstairs with Kami (Bryant isn't keen on 90 pound dog sleeping on him!) One morning I woke up and she was in bed with Kami and I. At first I thought she jumped the gate at the top of the stairs which was super impressive in my mind. A couple nights later, the gate was again up and we were coming upstairs together. I, obivously, wasn't going fast enough for her, so she just crawled straight through the banister slots. I was impressed! (I would have been more impressed with the gate jumping but still.) Dorri also had to have a bath last night. She wasn't super smelly or anything, but she is a shedding monster! So after a good 20 minutes of brushing, she was tortured in the tub, and then further tortured when we tried to blow dry her. (That torture didn't last long, but was funny!)
Life is also hard, when you're a husband at home on crutches. He rolled his ankle playing ball and now he gets to sport a wrap and crutches, Dr.'s orders. Although he's gladly following. I'm thinking of getting him a man bag to wear around his neck so he can still carry things and use both crutches.
Life for the wife, well it's not too hard. I feel tired and worn down.
We are also preparing for a loss in my family. Uncle Gordie isn't doing well, and has almost finished his journey. He's fought harder than most will ever have to imagine. And I love him. I am thankful for our knowledge in the gospel to offer some comfort at these trying times.
Life is also hard, when you're a husband at home on crutches. He rolled his ankle playing ball and now he gets to sport a wrap and crutches, Dr.'s orders. Although he's gladly following. I'm thinking of getting him a man bag to wear around his neck so he can still carry things and use both crutches.
Life for the wife, well it's not too hard. I feel tired and worn down.
We are also preparing for a loss in my family. Uncle Gordie isn't doing well, and has almost finished his journey. He's fought harder than most will ever have to imagine. And I love him. I am thankful for our knowledge in the gospel to offer some comfort at these trying times.
I love you Uncle Gordie!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment