Monday, January 24, 2011

At peace

Uncle Gordie did pass away this last Friday. I feel the loss for my family and for myself of such a wonderful man that had to fight so hard throughout his life. We were able to go up on Sunday night and celebrate two of his grandchildren's birthdays and what would have been his birthday. I made him a Dallas Cowboys cake that I know he would have thought was awesome. There are so many great memories of growing up with Uncle Gordie. From Superbowl parties, to laserdisc movies and always wanting to sit by the fireplace because I was cold. To Christmas night games and shouting as the adults played Outburst. To the moments when he came and told my mom it was time for the kidney transplant, to being tested myself in hopes of being a match for his second kidney. He will be sorely missed.

I'm again grateful for my testimony that this world is not the end. I sang in church this past Sunday and am grateful for the words that I tearfully sung:
He lives, to grant me daily breath
He lives, and I shall conquer death
He lives, my mansion to prepare
He lives, to bring me safely there.

2 comments:

Miss Megan said...

I am so sorry, sweetie. I'm glad that you can spend this time with family who also loved your uncle, and that you have the comfort of the gospel. I love you and am thinking of you.

Robin said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Much love your way.