Thursday, October 1, 2009

ONE week!

That's right, by this time next week, my blog title will be a half lie and I'll be Elisha J. Brown. I've decided in practicing my new signature Elisha J. Brown is a lot easier than Elisha Brown. Granted if I picked up my pen between my names it's probably be just as easy to be Elisha Brown, but alas, I don't pick up my pen so Elisha J. Brown it is!

Today our forecast is showing sunny and mild. It'll probably still be chilly as we leave the temple, but it's going to be a beautiful day (at least the forecast today says so) Speaking of the temple, those people are on top of things, they called me this morning at 8:00am to confirm for the third time that we're still on for next week, to review again the what to dos, and where and what times to be. I like the temple sisters, so cute and helpful.

I got my ring back yesterday, well Bryant got my ring back for me yesterday. It's so sparkly and looks so new! I will not lie, I don't really want to wear it this week in fear of putting one little scratch on it. I'll just be super careful... maybe I could wear a glove? Bryant got his haircut yesterday so it will be perfect for the wedding, although person who cut it yesterday did a fantastic job. He could have gotten that haircut next Tuesday and we'd still be ok for wedding. But if we would have waited, it would have been someone who cuts it a little too short. So we've prepared. Bryant picked up our name mat that we are having people just sign their name on for the wedding. He didn't mention anything about it last night. Hopefully he doesn't think it's ugly. I'll have to ask today.

All I know is that next week starts the rest of my life, and I'm happy to have Bryant be the one to share it with me. He's loving and patient, even when he doesn't get what I'm doing. People have asked if I'm excited for the big day. Normally I answer not really. Do not get me wrong, I'm excited for the marriage, I'm even excited about the sex (can I say that when mom's read this?) but the strap on a corset, stand in heels, smile at people I may not know, that part I haven't reached excitement on. Not to mention, as adults, how often do we get, I'm so excited it's Christmas and Santa is coming that I can't sleep instead I'm just going to wiggle in my bed, excited? But as each day gets closer I think I might just grasp a little more of that. Granted I'll still sleep the night before... Sleeping afterall is my super power!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Hooray! I'm excited for you!

I really enjoyed the morning in the temple. So calm and peaceful. Pure happiness. But I won't lie, the standing in heels and smiling at millions of people after is not the most fun... (BUT, opening the presents after is pretty worth it!)

Kasi French said...

I love your honesty! I love you! I'm ornery today but this makes me happy, giddy in fact.