It's true, Spring's arrival was nothing to blog about. It was cloudy and windy day, although it would have been a great kite flying day and that's a springy activity, we don't own a kite.
I like me some spring. It hits that marvelous time of the year and the daylight sticks around later (although I am NOT the biggest fan of that hour of sleep I lose and the week that it takes to catch back up from said hour) the temperatures rise and you only need a jacket. Your first spring pedicure to break out the sandals in style. The new flowers, the new attitude that people finally get after their seasonal dumps of the Winter Blues.
And this spring so many wondeful things are in the works. It's true, Ryan already took me for my spring pedicure and it was wonderful and I have worn sandals to show it off.
Other great things just around the corner:
My new neice will make her grand entrance TOMORROW. I am silly about my current neice and nephew and have no doubt that I'll be just as silly about Jentry. I'll try and blog again tomorrow with pictures!
Also making a grand entrance, my friend Robin's baby. Although that baby doesn't come via the C-section so it's a surprise to when it'll make it's entrance. I know the sex of the baby but Robin's husband doesn't and I'm good at keeping secrets so I won't let it slip until the baby is here.
In just a couple weeks, Bryant and I are going to California. It's my company's retreat, so we'll have to sit in some meetings but we get to get away and stay in a fancy pants hotel and best of all we get to see Aunt Janis and Uncle Al and the fam since we are flying in a day early and crashing at their place.
Coming up in April are summer show auditions. I'm not holding my breath on either of the two I have planned because I want big roles and I have some conflicts but the excitement and anxiety of auditions just create a buzz in the air.
The current show will be done in three weeks at Hale, and then I will have six weeks off at night (hopefully I get the June/July show and it's only a six week break) but I will have time and daylight and hopefully nice weather to take the dog on longs walks with the husband. We'll be such a cute family.
Spring means Easter. And this year it's my goal to do a big kid Easter egg hunt for me and Bryant and my siblings. Because I loved Easter egg hunts, but now there are grandkids so big kids don't get them.
So let's take a moment and ponder the greatness that is Spring.
Backstage at Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
10 years ago
.jpg)
1 comment:
I am so with you on getting a new attitude as a result from the "Winter Blues". I was happy when I found out that Sunday was supposed to be the first day of Spring, but was sorely disappointed when it snowed on Monday (I think it was Monday), and to top it off, it is supposed to snow again! C'mon Spring hurry up and push winter out!
Post a Comment